War Memorial Park
There are non-institutional/non-commercial rates as well as institutional rates,
War Memorial Park is situated on approximately 20 acres of property located at 811 Blackburn Road. The Park was originally owned by the Sewickley Valley War Memorial Association and was transferred to the Borough of Sewickley in 2007. There are two Shelters on the park which are available for rental by both individuals and corporations. Shelter 1 is over the bridge and to the right of the playgrounds. Shelter 2 is to the left of the playgrounds on top of the hill. Along with the shelters, there is a public playground and walking trails. In conjunction with the Quaker Valley School District, the park is also used by the Quaker Valley Middle School Cross Country team for their home meets.
Park Shelter Reservations open March 1st, 9:00 a.m.
Park Shelter Reservations can only be made online.
Reservations are now only accepted by submitting the online form and using epayment (PayPal) or a credit card.
PLEASE NOTE: Park Shelter Rental rates have changed! The rate for a Non-Sewickley Borough resident is $125 per shelter per day. The rate for a Sewickley Borough resident continues to be $100 per shelter per day.
Two shelters are available for rent. To rent a shelter, please follow these steps.
- Review our updated Shelter Rules and Regulations.
- Select a shelter and use the calendar to choose your specific day(s) and time(s)
- Complete the online form
- Use epayment (PayPal or credit card) to submit payment.
Once your transaction is complete, you will receive a confirmation email. Please be sure to keep your confirmation email and have it with you at the shelter on the day you have reserved.
The following is additional information you need in order to rent a shelter:
- Reservations are taken March through October (weather permitting) of the current year.
- The Borough will not accept shelter reservations for future years, i.e. reservations for 2024 will not be accepted in 2023.
- Only one reservation per shelter per day will be taken. The Borough is no longer accepting multiple reservations.
- Water and restrooms/port-a-johns are available April 1 through the end of October weather permitting.
- PLEASE NOTE: Weekdays during June, July and August the YMCA holds their summer camp at War Memorial Park. Additional port-a-johns are provided for the camp participants only. These port-a-johns are marked and they are locked during the weekend when camp is not in session.
- The Borough may request the renter to provide additional port-a-johns, at the renters expense, based on the number of attendees.
- Fees are non-refundable; however, you have the option to change a date or time within the same calendar year if that date and time slot are available. In order to change your reservation, you must contact the Borough Manager's Office, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-4 pm at 412-741-4015.
- If you are securing outside vendors (food, sales, music, etc.) for your event, certificates of insurance are required from the vendors. The certificates of insurance will need to be submitted to the Borough Manager's Office no later than the week prior to the event.
- If assistance is needed during normal business hours Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm contact the Borough Office at 412-741-4015.
- If assistance is needed the day of the event after normal business hours or on the weekend, please contact the Allegheny County non-emergency number at 412-473-3056 and a police officer can be dispatched if necessary.
PLEASE NOTE: The Borough has the right to close War Memorial Park and cancel any scheduled events due to inclement weather, natural disasters, flooding or public safety.
activity levels increase, please keep this guidance from the CDC in mind to
help stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds when available
- Use hand sanitizer regularly
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Don't touch your face and eyes
- Wear a mask if social distancing cannot be maintained
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or flexed elbow
- Stay home if you feel sick
Please note - Renters are responsible for providing their own trash bags and are to dispose of the bags in the dumpster located in the parking lot.
Park Shelter Rental fees effective February 14, 2023 are as follows:
- Non-Sewickley Borough Resident Rate is $125 per shelter per day
- Sewickley Borough Resident Rate is $100 per shelter per day.
- The Institutional Rate (YMCA, etc.) is $125 per shelter per day.
- The Commercial Rate to rent the entire War Memorial Park is $1,200 per day. Please call the Borough Manager at 412-741-4015 to reserve the entire park.