Building & Zoning Overview
How do I get a building permit? Construction in the Borough of Sewickley requires a permit from the Building Inspector, whose office is located on the second floor of the Municipal Building, 601 Thorn Street. Printable applications may be downloaded on the Permits, Forms, and Applications page. The Borough has three historic districts in which any exterior construction requires review by the Historical Review Commission and the approval of Council. The Borough also has a sign ordinance that must be complied with before the erection of any sign.
When do I need a building Permit?
Permit Not Required
- Replace Existing window
- Replace Existing Door
- Install Aluminum Siding
- Repair Existing Furnace
- Repair Existing Plumbing
- Repair Existing Electrical System
- Repair Roof
- Re-shingle or Other Type Re-roofing
- Replace Sidewalk or Curb
- Increase or Decrease Window Size
- Change Door Opening Size
- Construct Addition to Building
- Construct Storage Shed, Garage or Fence
- Change Floor Plan of a Building
- Adding or Relocating Sinks or Toilets
- Adding Electrical Circuits or Fixtures
- Construct Porch
- Demolish or Move a Structure
- Excavation or Fill Areas
- Electronic and Satellite Dish Antennae
- Construct Driveway Curb Cut
- Make Structural Changes
Below are links to applicable websites
- Labor & Industry Uniform Construction Code
- Pennsylvania's Alternative Residential Energy Provisions
- Energy Codes
- International Code Council
Property Maintenance Issues
- Grass shall not exceed 6” in height and yards shall be maintained.
- Snow and ice are to be removed from all sidewalks within 24 hours of snowfall.
- Garbage is not to be placed out for pick up until the night before service.
Official Zoning Map (Updated 5-16-16)
Sewickley Borough E-Code Online - Borough of Sewickley Code of Ordinances