The Planning Commission is a seven member commission, appointed by Council, responsible for short and long term planning within the Borough. They review subdivision plans and rezoning requests, and make recommendations to the Borough Council.
PLANNING COMMISSION MEMBERS
- Marlin Bartos
- Erica Kagle
- Paul R. Pigman, Jr.
- Sharon Pillar
- David A. Saint-Jacques
- Shannon Ashmore
- Tom Rostek
- Stan Ference, Council Representative
DUTIES AND POWERS
- The Planning Commission shall at the request of the Borough Council have the power and shall be required to: Prepare the Comprehensive Plan for the development of the municipality as set forth in this act, and present it for the consideration of the Borough Council; and Maintain and keep on file records of its action. All records and files of the Planning Commission shall be in the possession of the Borough Council.
- The Planning Commission at the request of the Borough Council may: Make recommendations to the Borough Council concerning the adoption of amendment of an official zoning map;
- Prepare and present to the Borough Council a zoning ordinance, and make recommendations to the Borough Council on proposed amendments to it as set forth in this act;
- Prepare, recommend and administer subdivision and land development and planned residential development regulations as set forth in this Ordinance;
- Prepare and present to the Borough Council a building code and a housing code and make recommendations concerning proposed amendments thereto;
- Do such other acts or make such studies as may be necessary to fulfill the duties and obligations imposed by this Ordinance;
- Prepare and present to the Borough Council an environmental study;
- Submit to the Borough Council a recommended capital improvements program;
- Prepare and present to the Borough Council a water survey, which shall be consistent with the State Water
- Plan and any applicable water resources plan adopted by a river basin commission. The water survey shall be conducted in consultation with any public water supplier in the area to be surveyed;
- Promote public interest in, and understanding of, the Comprehensive Plan and planning;
- Make recommendations to governmental, civic and private agencies and individuals as to the effectiveness of the proposals of such agencies and individuals;
- Hold public hearings and meetings;
- Present testimony before any board;
- Require from other departments or agencies of the Borough such available information as relates to the work of the Planning Commission;
- In the performance of its functions, enter upon any land to make examinations and surveys with the consent of the owner;
- Prepare and present to the Borough Council a study regarding the feasibility and practicability of using renewable energy sources in specific areas within the Borough; and
- Review the zoning ordinance, subdivision and land development ordinance, Official Zoning Map of the Borough of Sewickley, provisions for planned residential development, and such other ordinances and regulations governing the development of land no less frequently than it reviews the Comprehensive Plan.